Notaries are authorized by law to perform six basic duties:
1. Administer oaths or affirmations
2. Take acknowledgements
3. Attest to photocopies of certain documents
4. Solemnize marriages (Florida, Maine, South Carolina and parish in Louisiana only)
5. Verify vehicle identification numbers (VINs)
6. Certify the contents of safe deposit boxes
Why do we need Notaries?
2. To prove the authenticity of the signature notarized
Notaries play a vital role in the successful completion of business transactions. The proper execution and notarization of documents such as contracts, deeds, powers-of-attorney, and affidavits is routine in today’s personal and professional life.